Mobile publishing made easy
It’s never been easier to add mobile to your online presence.
"Escenic and Mobiletech will help form the solid foundation from which The Globe and Mail will build its online and mobile offerings for years to come. The power of the platform and the fact that it gave The Globe the ability to directly control our digital future were key factors in the decision” – Recent Escenic Mobile Solution customer, Angus Frame, the Vice-President of Digital Media at The Globe and Mail.
The Globe and Mail mobile site: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/
The Escenic Mobile Solution is a complete solution for creating and publishing mobile specific websites with the needs of the mobile user in mind. Previous fragmented solutions for the mobile can now be replaced by a modern digital workflow which allows editorial staff to make changes to content instantly in response to changing end user patterns.
In addition to being fully integrated into the Escenic Content Studio workflow, the solution has the following benefits:
- One template can intelligently adapt your content for each and every device, saving you time whilst ensuring your users have the best experience for each device.
- Drag and drop images, videos, text, or articles directly into your mobile site, or fully automate mobile publishing into your existing workflow.
- A built-in widget kit allows for sophisticated interaction models from within the existing template structure.
- Mobile templates can be built and maintained using existing resources with minimal training.
- Access to a device library of over 10,000 devices which is automatically updated.
- Utilize capabilities of high end handsets, such as AJAX support, to create the best possible user experience.
- Fully compatible with Escenic Content Studio 4.3 and later releases.
Getting started with the Escenic Mobile Solution is easy. The framework is installed as a plug-in, which then allows you to incorporate mobile specific tags into your template structure. Simple sites can be delivered in days and can incorporate a number of advanced services like mobile billing, communities and other web based services.
About The Globe and Mail
The Globe and Mail is a Canadian English language nationally distributed newspaper, based in Toronto and printed in six cities across the country. With a weekly readership of 935 000, it is Canada’s largest-circulation national newspaper and second-largest daily newspaper. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/
Escenic is strategic content management software for digital media publishing. Escenic technologies drive over 600 of the most dynamic and exciting news media websites in the world. Escenic has been closely tied to the media industry since 1997. Today we are proud to be considered industry leaders in our sector. With Escenic, competitive commercial enterprises gain access to the same robust technologies that professional publishers have preferred for years. In July 2008, Escenic was acquired by Vizrt.
Mobiletech is a software company that provides scalable and flexible products and services to enable the mobile web. Mobiletech was founded in 2005 and has grown to become a leading worldwide provider of advanced mobile enabling software and services for major media companies, brands and corporations. The Mobiletech Mobile Web Framework covers all the tools and elements needed to enable an engaging presence on the mobile web and removes the technical complexity of delivering content to multiple devices, browsers and networks.